Nowadays, there’s lots of software to download YouTube videos from various websites. Most of these programs are rather simplistic, allowing you to grab content from your favorite creators by copy-pasting URLs into a tool's tab.
Whether you wish to share a post with your friends or repurpose it, a good YouTube downloader will help you!
- 1. SnapDownloader
- 2. 4K Video Downloader
- 3. 10Downloader.com
- 4. ByClick Downloader
- 5. iTubeGo
- 6. HitPaw Video Converter
- 7. VideoProc
- 8. DVDVideoSoft
- 9. YTD Video Downloader
- Security and safety
- Quality of videos
- Download speed
- Download entire playlists & channels
- Advanced features
Why Use a YouTube Downloader App?
As mentioned, there are lots of reasons to use a YouTube ripper. Most people nowadays use these tools to repurpose web content. For example, you can use other people’s videos to make funny social media posts and memes. Furthermore, you can use these tools to create a personal movie or cartoon collection.
You also gain access to the background music when you download YouTube videos. You can use these tracks for your projects or to enjoy them in your free time.
A YouTube downloader opens various opportunities for content creators and casual users to make marketing or personal content more easily.
List of Best YouTube Video Downloaders
SnapDownloader is one of the best YouTube downloaders for PC and Mac. The software is perfect for busy content creators or casual users who want to download private and public videos in bulk. You can grab content in just about any audio or video format and even create GIFs from the source material.
- Download public and private videos
- Supports more than 1,100 websites
- Convert to MP4, MP3, AVI, M4A, GIF, and various other formats
- Download YouTube chapters, playlists, and channels
- Save subtitles
- Bulk downloads
- Schedule downloads for later
- In-built video trimmer
- In-built web browser
- One-Click Mode to download videos instantly in your preferred output format
- Fast and reliable
- Smooth and intuitive interface
- Works with many websites
- No ads
- Can download up to 8K quality
- Doesn't have complex editing features like some other programs
- It isn’t free
- You need to install the program to use it
SnapDownloader has 510 reviews and an average score of 4.9 out of 5. If you check the company’s review page, you’ll notice that most users praise its efficiency, flexibility, and ease of use.
2. 4K Video Downloader
While 4K Video Downloader doesn't have the same nice-looking interface as SnapDownloader, it’s still one of the best YouTube downloader apps you can find online.
The tool is rather straightforward, and we especially liked the browsing features. Specifically, it allows you to find the videos you previously liked and download them.
- Allows downloading of entire channels in various formats
- Smart mode for faster, targeted downloads
- You can download files with integrated subtitles
- Supports YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and a few other platforms
- Simple (although underwhelming) interface
- Works for videos of up to 8K
- It has an integrated browser
- Comes with an Android app
- The free version doesn't offer much
- Works with a limited number of websites
- Outdated optimization options
- Doesn’t provide conversion or optimization functionality
As one of the best YouTube rippers, which has existed for over ten years, it isn’t surprising that 4K Video Downloader has such fantastic user scores. According to TrustPilot, the software has 4.3 out of 5, based on 1,270 reviews.
You can find many free YouTube video downloaders online, with 10Downloader being one of the better ones. The main selling point of this tool is that it’s reliable and you don’t have to pay a cent.
- Download YouTube videos in MP4
- Download from playlists and channels
- Simple and intuitive interface that works under a copy-paste premise
- Allows video downloads with and without sound
- Free to use
- Safe for a free YouTube downloader
- It doesn't require a login, nor does the company collect your data
- Fantastic for beginners
- Allows you to download playlists, shorts, channels, and thumbnails
- Only supports YouTube
- No editing features
- Isn’t that often updated like some paid tools
Like many free grabbers, 10Downloader doesn’t have that many online reviews. Out of all the reputable review sites, just one review on TrustPilot gave the software a 3.2 score.
4. ByClick Downloader
Although not the best tool, By Click Downloader is considered a reliable and safe YouTube downloader. The software is perfect for content creators who work with bulk files, allowing them to grab numerous videos in one go. Aside from YouTube, the program also works for Dailymotion, Twitter, and other major platforms.
If you're interested in trying out this software, check out our in-depth By Click Downloader review for an overview of how it works and whether it's worth buying.
- Allows 500 bulk downloads
- It has an auto-download feature
- Supports more than 1,000 sites and has 10+ output formats
- Up to 8K video quality
- Smooth interface
- Great for large, tedious tasks
- Private downloads
- Generates a recommendation list on the bottom
- The free version has numerous ads
- The tool doesn’t have many advanced features
- Limited output formats compared to some other YouTube downloader software
- Occasional errors while downloading
- Slow download speed
According to the reviews on TrustPilot, By Click Downloader is rated 2.8/5, with many users complaining about the random drop in download speed.
iTubeGo is a versatile software with numerous unique features. Most notably, it is one of a few rare programs that allow you to grab music from Spotify. The free version is good for testing purposes, but you'll have to go with the paid version to unlock the tool's full potential.
If you plan on trying this app, check out our in-depth iTubeGo review for an overview of how it works and whether it's worth purchasing.
- Supports over 1,000 sites
- Allows 8K-quality downloads
- Works for Windows and Mac
- Supports Spotify downloads
- Bulk downloads
- Download scheduling
- Video trimming and basic editing
- One-click downloads for fast work
- Automatically ads subtitles
- The interface doesn't look that good, although it's intuitive
- Reported issues when using Spotify downloads
- No browser extension
iTubeGo is one of the highest-ranked apps to download YouTube videos. It captured a 4.7 score on TrustPilot, based on 535 reviews.
6. HitPaw Video Converter
The HitPaw company is one of the rare few that continuously upgrades its software.
Nowadays, its video downloader can grab DVDs, burn them, download videos from third-party sites, and turn 2D videos into 3D format. Aside from regular downloading functionality, HitPaw video converter provides numerous editing features, making this program perfect for busy content creators.
- Download video from various sites and in numerous formats
- Video and audio file conversion
- Comprehensive editing suite
- Music downloading and conversion
- DVD downloading and burning
- A high number of unique features
- One of the better interfaces among video downloaders
- Music and DVD downloading and editing
- Pre-loaded templates, stickers, and transitions
- Comes in 16 languages
- It isn't available on Mac
- It doesn’t have bulk features
- The free version is pretty bland
- It cannot download videos from many websites
Despite its numerous features, HitPaw has a somewhat underwhelming score on the biggest review aggregates. For example, the software received a 4.4 out of 5 on TrustPilot, a bit lower than the best-ranked video grabbers.
VideoProc is a tool that works great when downloading videos from the web, but it can also be effective for file processing. Aside from audio and video files, the program also works for DVDs. While some of these functions might be a bit redundant for casual users, they're fantastic for people who work with numerous files daily.
- Supports more than 420 DVD, video, and audio outputs
- Allows compression of large files
- Offers a video-capturing functionality
- Large editing suite that includes cutting, cropping, and slow-mo features
- 1,000+ sites supported
- Numerous effects and templates
- Simple and intuitive
- Quick rendering for fast results
- Split between video and audio downloads
- Automation features
- Instant video merging
- Interface text and experience can be better
- Lacks collaboration features
- Somewhat basic editing
While we think VideoProc is a solid tool, it ranks slightly below the average. To be exact, with a 4.3 score in TrustPilot, it is one of the lower-scored tools on this list.
DVDVideoSoft is a YouTube to MP4 grabber that works under an interesting premise. Unlike most other free downloaders, this software requires an installation, which is an uncommon practice within the niche. Furthermore, you have to download different tools if you wish to get MP3 or MP4 files, making it one of the more complicated entries on the list.
- MP3 and MP4 grabbers
- PC and Mac support
- Only allows YouTube downloads
- Works for all YouTube videos
- Allows playlist downloads
- Includes a subtitle grabber
- Generates video summary on request
- Complex for what it provides
- Requires different downloads for video and audio
- It only works for YouTube
- Limited advanced features
Unlike other free video grabbers, DVDVideoSoft was reviewed by numerous major tech websites. Furthermore, it also gained a 4.4 score on TechSpot based on 231 votes.
9. YTD Video Downloader
YTD is one of the less-known names within the niche. It has the basic video and audio downloading functionality while also allowing you to convert content into numerous formats. Although initially a specialized YouTube software, it now supports numerous other popular sites, including Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram.
- Download video and audio content from 50+ sites
- Convert and download files in 7 formats
- Integrated player
- Download in up to 8K
- Fast download speed
- Playlist downloader
- Processes various video types and formats
- File deletion upon conversion
- No editing features
- Limited free plan
- A small number of conversion features
- No unique, advanced features
- Somewhat obsolete user interface
Unfortunately, there aren’t many YTD reviews from the biggest review aggregators. Only 12 votes on UpToDown that rate the tool with a 4.5 score out of 5.
How to Download YouTube Videos?
1. Download and install SnapDownloader on your computer.
2. Go to YouTube and copy the link of the video you want to download.
3. Open the SnapDownloader software and paste the link in the search textbox.
4. Select an output format and quality, then click the Download button.
5. SnapDownloader will begin downloading and saving the output file to your computer. You can track its progress from the Downloads tab.
Once downloaded, you can double-click the video to watch or share the file with others.
Benefits of Using a YouTube Video Downloader
With these tools, you'll get access to your favorite clips and other content on-demand. Even if you don't have access to the Internet, for example, when traveling, you can still check out your favorite authors. Among others, offline access is extremely useful for music files.
Having all these clips on your computer is fantastic as a backup. While YouTube videos will stay online no matter what, you can create another data source. This can especially be useful if you're reaching the content limit on YouTube or, for whatever reason, want to remove some older clips from the platform.
Convert videos to audio
One of the main reasons why people download videos is because they want music on-demand. They can grab YouTube content in MP3 format and use it for various portable players.
Use copyright-free audio in your projects
Another major perk of grabbers is using them to find copyright-free content. These files can later be reused for your personal YouTube projects, none of which will be flagged due to violation.
Criteria to Consider When Choosing a YouTube MP3 Downloader
Security and safety
Most importantly, you should use platforms that won’t jeopardize other data on your device. Avoid platforms littered with pop-ups, ads, and those that are notorious for data breaches.
Quality of videos
Look out for platforms that support video downloads of up to 8K.
Similarly, make sure that the tool can quickly grab any content from the YouTube platform. This is especially important if you’re doing bulk downloads.
Download entire playlists & channels
Most users will grab one video at a time. However, there are situations where you'd like to get your favorite artist's entire discography or everything a content creator has ever produced.
Getting as many additional features as possible can come in handy. Look out for functions such as trimming, cropping, download scheduling, conversions, and things of that sort.
Most of us like grabbing YouTube content to add to our personal collection. Whether you wish to download music, free movies, or other videos, you can do so with one of the tools on this list. While each program can do a good job, we suggest you go with the most reputable, most stable software.