Videos have become one of the most widely-used and integrated technologies in modern society. From TikTok to YouTube, many users consume hours of video content every day and countless users find themselves with the need to download videos.
However, downloading videos from popular sites is not as easy as it sounds. Many sites have restrictions on downloading or make it difficult to download content in the format or quality users want. That’s where Safari video downloaders come in.
In this article we’ll look at Safari video downloaders, including their benefits and key features, and compare some of the most popular Safari video downloaders available today.
What is a Safari video downloader?
A Safari video downloader is software designed to make it easy to download videos from Apple’s Safari web browser. With a Safari video downloader, you can easily download videos from the sites you want, such as Facebook and Youtube. You can also convert the video into your preferred format (such as MP4, MP3, MOV, etc.) and even download multiple videos at once.
While Safari video downloaders are designed to make your life easier, they are not all created equal. Some video downloaders, such as Snapdownloader, offer additional features such as built-in video trimmers, high speed downloading, and built-in YouTube browsers, while others offer limited functionality.
How can using a Safari video downloader benefit you?
Whether you frequently download videos from the internet or even just occasionally, using a Safari video downloader makes the process simple and seamless. Here are some of the top benefits of using a video downloader:
- Download videos from popular sites: Many popular sites such as TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook have limitations on downloading videos from their sites. A video downloader can help you easily download videos from these websites by pasting a video link to the downloader window.
- Bulk video downloads: Without a video downloader, you’ll have to download videos one at a time. A video downloader allows you to download multiple videos at once, making the process quick and easy.
Which Safari video downloader is for you?
Here's quick summary of the best Safari video downloaders:
#1. SnapDownloader: Best all-around video downloader. Access to over 900 popular sites, user-friendly features, and many configurable settings for a seamless, easy-to-use experience.
#2. iTube Downloader: With the capability of downloading from over 10,000 sites, iTube HD Video Downloader is a convenient option for Safari video downloading.
#3. MacX Youtube Downloader: For a great free option, MacX Youtube Downloader fits the bill.
#4. Airy: If you mainly download videos from YouTube, Airy is a streamlined, user-friendly video downloader specifically created to download videos from YouTube.
This user-friendly, versatile video downloader ranks high based on every criteria. With a built-in video trimmer, access to over 900 popular sites, a built-in browser, and dozens of other features, Snapdownloader is easy to use, even for complete beginners.
- One-click download: SnapDownloader allows you to configure your preferred settings (such as output format, resolution, etc.) to download videos by pasting a single link in the SnapDownloader window.
- Built-in video trimmer: No need to jump between software to edit your videos. You can edit and trim your videos easily within SnapDownloader.
- Bulk downloads: Download up to 100 videos at once. No need to copy and paste every URL.
- High-speed download: SnapDownloader doesn’t have capped download speeds, meaning that you can download videos as quickly as your Internet connection will allow.
- Compatible with most websites: Snapdownloader works with over 900 websites, including the most popular such as Instagram, Vimeo, TikTok, and Facebook.
- User-friendly: Snapdownloader has an intuitive user interface that can be navigated by anyone. Even those who aren’t tech-savvy.
- Built-in browser: Easily navigate to sites like YouTube and Instagram from within the Snapdownloader platform. No need to jump between windows on your computer.
- High-resolution options: Enjoy high-quality video resolution. SnapDownloader allows you to download videos with 8K resolution.
- Private online videos: With SnapDownloader, you can download online private videos from its supported websites such as Instagram and YouTube.
SnapDownloader offers two pricing models: subscription-based or a lifetime license. Here’s the breakdown:
- 1-month subscription: $7.99 USD per month
- 3-month subscription: $16.99 USD for three months
- Annual subscription: $29.99 USD for 12 months
- Personal license: $39.99 (Can be used on one computer, transferable)
- Family edition: $69.99 (Can be used on up to three computers, transferable)
- Easy for anyone to use. You don’t need to be familiar with coding or tech-savvy to use it successfully.
- Quick downloads with no caps on speed.
- Versatile. Works with the most popular websites to download from
- One-click download option, dark mode capability, built-in browser to avoid jumping between windows
- No free option, though a 48-hr trial is included
- No open-source options
iTubeDownloader is a convenient, user-friendly video downloader perfect for people who need download support from various sites. iTubeDownloader can download from over 10,000 sites in 4K resolution and is a popular video extension for Safari.
- Can download from over 10,000 sites: iTubeDownloader is impressively compatible with almost any website on the internet.
- Turbo Mode: Turbo Mode allows you to download videos at a faster speed (3x faster)
- Versatile output formats: MOV, MP3, MP4, WAV, etc.
- Download plug-in: Can either download directly from a website with the download plug-in, or copy and paste a link into the application window
- Private mode: Place downloaded videos in a folder that is password protected
iTubeDownloader has several pricing models: subscription-based, lifetime license, and Mac/PC.
- PC: $19.95 for 12 months
- Mac: $24.95 for 12 months
- Personal license: $34.95 (can be used on one computer)
- Family license: $87.38 (can be used on 2-5 computers)
- Personal license: $29 (Can be used on one computer)
- Family license: $72.50 (Can be used on 2-5 computers)
- Site compatibility
- Offers a free trial
- Built-in web-browser
- Turbo mode
- Slow video conversion speed
- Lower resolution quality (only downloads in up to 4K)
#3. MacX YouTube Downloader
If you’re looking for a free video downloader, MacX YouTube Downloader is a great option. MacX YouTube Downloader offers limited capability compared to other Safari video downloaders.
- Downloads from 300+ websites: While YouTube is in the name, MacX’s capabilities extend to over 300 other video websites.
- Batch downloading: MacX YouTube Downloader allows you to download multiple videos at a time.
- Free Platform: MacX YouTube Downloader is a completely free platform, which is perfect if you’re not looking to pay a premium price.
- Ad-free: Despite being free, you don’t have to deal with ads, which is a rare find when it comes to free software.
- Simple download process: Drop the link in the application window and it will tell you what output options are available.
MacX YouTube Downloader is free software available for anyone to download.
- The software is free of charge
- User-friendly interface
- Can only download from 300 sites
- Limited output formats when compared to other video downloaders
- No built-in browser
- Not as many features as other video downloaders
Airy is a great video downloader option for YouTube users. The software was specifically designed for YouTube and works seamlessly with it. It sets itself apart from other Safari video downloaders by prioritizing a host of features that makes downloading from YouTube even easier.
- Simple download process: Simply paste the URL of the video you want to download into the application window and press the download button.
- Batch downloading capability: One of Airy’s best features is the capability of downloading multiple videos and audio files at once.
- Download entire playlists/channels: Airy allows you to download entire Youtube channels and playlists at a time.
- User-friendly UI: Airy’s UI is simple to use and easy for novices to learn how to use. It has a simple bar to paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to download, a download button, and a dropdown with resolution options to choose from.
- Can download subtitles: Airy allows you to download the subtitles that go with your videos.
Airy doesn’t provide a subscription option. You can make a one-time purchase for your personal computer, a family version, or a team version.
- Personal license: $19.95 (Can be downloaded on one computer)
- Family license: $39.95 (Can be downloaded on up to three computers)
- Team license: $29.95
- Can download entire playlists at once
- Can download any length or number of videos
- Can be integrated with the browser
- Only supports YouTube. No capability to support other websites.
- Missing extra features: No built-in trimmer, for example.
If you’re frustrated by the difficult video download process, there is an easier way than trying to do it manually. By downloading and installing a Safari video downloader, you can make downloading videos a quick, easy, and painless process, even for users who aren’t tech-savvy.
While there are plenty of Safari Video Downloaders to choose from, some offer better features and are more user-friendly than others. Choosing a Safari Video Downloader that can download from almost any site, offers high-resolution download options, and bulk video downloading will make the process smoother and more enjoyable for you.
SnapDownloader provides an all-around perfect option for video downloading. With an easy-to-use user interface and high-quality video downloading features, it’s a great option for both the novice and tech-savvy user alike, and at an affordable price tag. Download SnapDownloader’s free trial today to experience easy, high-quality Safari video downloading.