We all have different reasons for downloading video content. Sometimes you just want to watch videos offline. At other times, you may need the files to create your own video content by using the file to create smaller clips.
Whatever your reason, you need a downloader that is affordable, safe and works perfectly with as many video platforms as possible.
One option to consider is 4K Video Downloader. This app promises some interesting features that can help you quickly download the files you need without much effort.
In this 4K Downloader review, we’ll go over its features as well as the pros and cons. We’ll also take a look at some other alternative video downloaders so you can decide which one is right for you.
- What is 4K Video Downloader?
- 4K Downloader Features
- Unlimited Downloads
- Download Up To 8k Resolution
- Extract Captions
- In-App Subscriptions (Pro Plan only)
- Download Premium Audio (Pro Plan only)
- 3D and 360-degree Video Downloads
- Pricing: Is 4K Downloader Worth the Cost?
- Pros & Cons of 4K Video Downloader
- Websites Supported By 4K Downloader
- Is 4K Video Downloader Safe?
- The Best Alternative to 4K Video Downloader: SnapDownloader
- SnapDownloader Features
- Trim Videos
- Auto-Convert Videos To Different Formats
- Bulk Downloads
- Select YouTube Chapters As Separate Downloads
- Download Private Content
- Additional Features:
- SnapDownlaoder Pros and Cons
- How To Download Videos With Snapdownloader?
- Step 1: Install SnapDownloader
- Step 2: Search For A Video Or Enter The URL
- Step 3: Choose Your Output Format and Quality
- Step 4: Download
- 4K Video Downloader vs SnapDownloader
What is 4K Video Downloader?
Originally released ten years ago, 4K Video Downloader is an app you install on your device. 4K Video Downloader offers annual licenses and lifetime licenses to access the product. Different license levels offer various additional options at a higher price.
4K Video Downloader works with many of the top video-sharing platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo. You can also use the advanced features to set up automatic downloads, sort your downloads, or access private content.
The 4K Video Downloader app needs to be installed on your computer and there is no web-based option common with some free alternatives.
4K Downloader Features
4K Downloader offers some strong features for those who need to store videos locally. The 4K Downloader pricing structure does spread some of these features among different price points, which can sometimes be confusing for consumers.
All paid plans of 4K Downloader offer unlimited downloads. However, some plans limit the number of simultaneous downloads. The Lite and Personal Plans offer a maximum of 3 simultaneous downloads. The more expensive Pro Plan allows up to 7 simultaneous downloads.
Download Up To 8k Resolution
4K Video Downloader supports HD resolutions up to 8K if available. Users can also specify their desired resolution for download.
4K Downloader allows you to extract captions and subtitles to store in SRT format. You can also extract captions from an entire playlist or channel.
In-App Subscriptions (Pro Plan only)
You can subscribe to YouTube channels from the app and it will automatically download new videos as soon as they're available.
Download Premium Audio (Pro Plan only)
The 4K Downloader Pro Plan allows you to access premium audio files when downloading from YouTube.
3D and 360-degree Video Downloads
With 4K Downloader, you can download 3D videos in formats such as MP4, MPV, and 3GP, among others. You can also download full 360-degree video for VR purposes.
Pricing: Is 4K Downloader Worth the Cost?
4K Downloader offers a limited free version as well as four paid options. The pricing structure is somewhat complicated, but overall, it’s a decent value compared to similar tools.
Lite Plan: $15/ per year
- Unlimited Downloads
- Up to 3 simultaneous downloads
- Access private YouTube content
Personal Plan: $25 lifetime license
- The same features as the Lite Plan except that it's a lifetime license and not annual
Pro Plan: $60 lifetime license
- All features of previous plans
- Up to 7 simultaneous downloads
- In-app YouTube subscriptions
- Import and export video URLs
- Access Premium YouTube audio
- Commercial use license for app
Pros & Cons of 4K Video Downloader
4K Downloader does offer some unique benefits and features, but there are a few drawbacks that you’ll want to consider.
- Easy filters allow you to browse and categorize your downloaded video libraries.
- Download content in up to 8K resolution when available.
- Windows, macOS, and Android versions.
- Free version lets you try a few of the core features before spending your money on more advanced features.
- A complex pricing structure means you’ll have to pay more to access the advanced features.
- Some videos can get stuck or timeout while downloading.
- Works with 12 major websites only.
Websites Supported By 4K Downloader
- Naver TV
Is 4K Video Downloader Safe?
So, is 4K Video Downloader legit?
The answer is yes. The software is safe to use as long as you download the official app from the 4K downloader site.
Some customers have complained about pop-up offers within the paid versions asking you to upgrade. These pop-ups are safe, although they can be annoying.
The Best Alternative to 4K Video Downloader: SnapDownloader
If you’re looking for an alternative to 4K Downloader, one of the best options is SnapDownloader.
SnapDownloader is a fully-featured video-downloading app that works with over 1,100 video-sharing platforms. SnapDownloader also has versions for both Windows and macOS.
To use SnapDownloader, you must download the app on your computer first. From there, downloading videos is simple, and you can select various options such as video quality or the portion of the video you want to download.
SnapDownloader offers a simplified pricing structure that is consumer-friendly. All features are available regardless of the plan you choose to buy. SnapDownloader also has a free trial that requires no credit card.
If you’re looking for the best 4k Video Downloader alternative, SnapDownloader is a great option to consider.
SnapDownloader has some unique features above and beyond a standard video downloader.
SnapDownloader allows you to trim videos before you download so you only capture the portion of the video you need. This helps you save bandwidth, hard drive space, and time.
Auto-Convert Videos To Different Formats
With SnapDownloader, you can have the app automatically convert downloaded content to the format of your choice. There are ten popular formats to choose from including a convert-to-GIF option for memes and social media posts.
Enter up to 500 URLs and begin downloading instantly. The app will optimize the speed and order of downloads to complete the task as fast as possible.
Select YouTube Chapters As Separate Downloads
For videos with chapters, SnapDownloader can separate each chapter for easier video management and storage.
Download Private Content
The app can download any private content normally requiring a user to sign in. This feature works for any content from supported websites that are private.
To top it off, the app offers two methods to download private videos, thereby increasing your chances of successfully downloading them.
- Supports 1,100 websites such as YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram
- Download 8K videos
- Automatically convert video to audio
- YouTube search function within the app
- Save subtitles and captions separately
- Schedule downloads for whenever you like
- Create a download queue
- Option to include metadata files with video downloads
- Desktop notifications
- Built-in proxy
- Dark mode option
- 24/7 customer support
- No ads or pop-ups
SnapDownlaoder Pros and Cons
- Simple and fair pricing. Every plan gives you access to the full and powerful feature set of SnapDownloader. Simply choose which option fits your budget.
- The built-in trimmer allows you to save bandwidth and space by only downloading what you need. Many downloaders do not offer this option.
- Auto-converting videos to the format of your choice saves you a lot of time compared to doing these tasks manually.
- The streamlined interface is fast and intuitive. You can start downloading immediately after installing the app without the need to read manuals or watch instructions.
- No Android version.
How To Download Videos With Snapdownloader?
Downloading a video is easy with SnapDownloader and only takes a few clicks.
Step 1: Install SnapDownloader
Download and install the latest version of SnapDownloader on your computer.
Step 2: Search For A Video Or Enter The URL
At the top of the app, you’ll see the search option. Paste the URL of a video you want to download.
Step 3: Choose Your Output Format and Quality
Once the video is searched, its details will be displayed. Choose the output format, quality, and subtitle (if available) from the simple dropdown menus.
At the bottom of the app, you can quickly access additional options, like the trimmer, scheduler, or chapter selection options. Use these options if you want to separate the video into chapters or only download a selected portion.
Step 4: Download
Click the Download button to begin downloading the content to your computer. The app will automatically convert the video to the selected output format and save the file to your local hard drive.
You can change the download destination from Settings > General.
That's all there is to it. The above instructions are for downloading a single video, but you can set up as many videos as you like to download. You can then set up the same options for all videos or choose separate options for specific videos.
Also, the app will automatically detect if a video is part of a playlist and ask if you would like to download additional videos.
Overall, you can start downloading videos in under 60 seconds after installing the app.
4K Video Downloader vs SnapDownloader
Autoconvert 10 Formats
Download Private Videos
Convert to GIF
Simple Pricing Model
Both 4K Downloader and SnapDownloader can work well for video editors and others who need to download video files for work or entertainment.
However, SnapDownloader gets the edge for having more advanced features, such as a trimmer and a GIF converter, and having the ability to download from thousands of websites.
Several of its workflow features, such as automatic file conversion, will save you much time compared to manually doing these tasks.