If you're looking for video downloaders that can download videos in 4K resolution, then you've come to the right place. In this article, we outline some of the best 4K video downloaders for Windows and macOS that you should check out.
4K is short for video resolutions of 3840x2160 pixels or 4096x2160 pixels, which represents displays that have about 4,000 pixels horizontally. A 4K video is highly detailed, even on the largest screens. If Full HD (1080p) videos are great, then 4K is four times as great! Unsurprisingly, this output quality is quickly becoming the standard of video recording and the most sought-after quality for viewing.
Nowadays, most videos are shot with 4K-enabled cameras to give users clear and detailed footage. But when they are uploaded for viewing, they are reduced to lower qualities like HD and Full HD. The problem with viewing videos online in 4K is usually the video’s size and the required network strength. It consumes a lot of bandwidth and is not ideal for people that have limited bandwidth internet.
YouTube, for example, does a lot of compression to reduce video size and eliminate buffering. However, while a 1080p video takes between 50 -68MB per minute, 4K videos still need 150-375 MB per minute. Due to the fast internet connectivity required to watch them, downloading 4K videos is the best way to watch them seamlessly for most people. This is even more true if you’ll ever have to re-watch those videos.
Of the many desktop video downloaders on the market, only a few support 4K video downloads. Here's a list of the best 4K video downloaders for Windows and macOS.
Top 4K Videos Downloaders That You Should Check Out
SnapDownloader is an incredible video downloader with value-packed features, including 4K and 8K download support. Unlike similar tools, SnapDownloader lets you save clips from 900+ sites seamlessly and then convert them to different file formats. You can download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, and many more sites.
Among its many capabilities are the bulk download and channel/playlist download feature for the simultaneous download of multiple files. With SnapDownloader, you can download videos at a high speed. Whether it’s top-quality VR videos on Vimeo or 4K clips from YouTube, SnapDownloader is very reliable.
The application is packed with many features that make it one of the best video downloaders to get your job done.
- Seamless video format conversion
- Download up to 8K video resolution
- Download VR videos in any resolution
- Download an entire YouTube channel or playlist in one go
- Bulk download of videos from over 900+ websites
- Access videos blocked in your location via proxy
- Extract high-quality audio and music from videos
- Cross-platform support - Windows and macOS
- Responsive 24/7 customer service
- SnapDownloader is not yet available for Android and iOS devices
How to Download 4K Videos with SnapDownloader:
- Download and install SnapDownloader
- Copy the URL of the video you want to download.
- Open SnapDownloader and paste the URL in the search bar and press the Search button. The video will show up in a couple of seconds.
- Select 4K quality from the output quality options.
- Click the Download now button to begin downloading your video in 4K resolution.
2. 4K Video Downloader
As the name implies, 4K Video Downloader allows you to save 4K clips and other resolutions. While 4K Video Downloader has a free version, advanced features are only available with a paid subscription.
Unlike SnapDownloader, 4K Video Downloader is only compatible with YouTube and a few other websites. That means you will need to get other apps to download videos from other platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Dailymotion.
- Bulk downloads
- Download VR videos
- Download YouTube subtitles
- Download playlists and channels
- Compatible with multiple operating systems, specifically macOS, Linux, and Windows
- The free version comes with ads.
- Users have a limited number of playlists they can download from YouTube.
- Compatible with a small list of websites
- Not available for iOS and Android devices
- A limited number of video formats
3. YTD Video Downloader
YTD Video Downloader is yet another alternative that is worth a good try. Compatible with Windows and macOS, this tool allows you to download 4K videos from 50+ sites, including YouTube. An exciting feature of this app is its provision for video conversion.
YTD Video Downloader has its drawbacks, especially in its slow download and lack of support for batch downloads. Also, downloading 4K videos is a paid feature.
- It allows download from more than 50 sites
- Video conversion to a variety of formats
- It features a built-in video player
- Users can only download 4K videos only after paying a fee
- Lacks support for bulk downloads
- Slow download speed
4. WinX YouTube Downloader
WinX YouTube Downloader is renowned for its batch download support that lets users access 4K videos from YouTube. Users can also save an entire YouTube playlist and channel, and convert and crop videos before saving them. WinX YouTube Downloader permits the simultaneous download of over 300 videos, which is, again, great. However, this feature is only available on the paid PRO version. Also, users can only save clips from about 30 websites.
- Converts videos to a variety of formats
- Bulk download support
- Easy-to-use interface
- The Pro version is pricey
- No 3D and 360-degree video support
- Only compatible with 30 websites
Conclusion: Which 4K Video Downloader Should I Use?
SnapDownloader comfortably tops other 4K video downloaders in terms of features, quality, and ease of use. With those features, you get a one-stop solution to all your video download needs regardless of format, quality, or platform. With a couple of clicks, heavy 4K videos can now live offline on your computer. It can't get any better than this.