4K Video Downloader is a popular app for downloading videos online, but it isn’t without its annoying errors. If you're reading this article, there’s a good chance that you’ve run into an issue with 4K Video Downloader and you're looking for solutions. In this article, we’ll show you the best solutions to the most common 4K Video Downloader errors.
A Permanent Fix For All 4K Video Downloader Errors
Before we do that, if you agree that downloading videos online should be a smooth experience, then you should check out SnapDownloader. It is a desktop software for Windows and macOS that allows you to save videos from hundreds of websites in a variety of formats. Also, there’s efficient customer support to help you if you run into any troubles while using the software.
Other exciting SnapDownloader features include:
- Reliable and fast-speed download
- High-quality video: you can get 8K, 4K, 1080p, and 720p
- Compatibility with macOS and Windows
- Can schedule downloads
- Batch downloads from different websites
- Access to save videos from over 900 sites such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Extraction of audio or music from videos
Making the switch to bug-free SnapDownloader is a no-brainer. However, if you must use 4K Video Downloader right now, here are a few fixes to some 4K Video Downloader errors you may find.
How to Fix Common 4K Video Downloader Errors
There are different error types users encounter in the app. Let’s take a look at three of the most common errors and how to solve them.
1. Download Errors: Videos show "error" message when downloading
When you come across the error, the display screen will show "Error" when you try to download the video. Here’s how to solve the problem:
- Check if your device is still connected to the Internet as the app won’t work without an active internet connection.
- If your internet is intact, then check if your computer’s antivirus or firewall isn’t stopping the app from downloading the video. If it is, deactivate and continue.
- If your system’s firewall isn’t the problem, restart your computer, as a reboot could help the app’s initialization.
- Make sure that the application has been updated to the latest version as new updates usually contain important fixes.
- Check how much space you have left on your computer, as low storage could prevent the video from being saved on the device.
- You might want to close other apps running on the computer, to stop any possible interference.
- Change the storage path as your computer could be preventing 4K Video Downloader from using a particular file directory, especially if the app doesn't have permission to the storage folder.
- Uninstall the application and then re-install it.
2. Crash issues
Crash errors happen when the app closes on its own whenever you try to download a video. This could come from a bug problem in the app or your computer’s antivirus forcefully closing the app. Here are some solutions to fix crash issues with 4k Video Downloader:
- Check if your computer’s antivirus is causing the problem and remove 4K Video Downloader from the block list.
- If that’s not the problem, confirm if there’s a new version of the app and install it.
- Try reinstalling the software all over again.
- Consider restarting the computer to refresh its memory.
- Enabling 4K Video Downloader’s "Smart Mode" can also help.
3. Parsing Error: app throws "Unknown site" or Unsupported site error
You know you’ve run into a parsing error when you keep getting responses that the site is unknown and unsupported or that you can’t parse the video link. Follow these recommendations to resolve the problem:
- Check if you copied the link correctly or if it’s broken. A good way to confirm the link’s viability is by pasting it in a browser. If you get an "error" response, you might want to copy the link again.
- If the link isn’t the problem, check if your computer’s antivirus or firewall is blocking 4K Video Downloader. If that’s the case, deactivate it to continue.
- Check if there’s a recent version of the app and upgrade.
If you're still having issues after following all the recommended solutions outlined above, then you should definitely consider trying out alternative video downloaders such as SnapDownloader. After all, you deserve a video downloader that doesn’t crash often or affect your work. If you’ve been experiencing problems with 4K Video Downloader or you want to avoid them altogether, you should get SnapDownloader.